Monday, November 14, 2011

Featuring: Lou's Handiwork

This will be Lindsey of Lou's Handiwork's second year of participating in By Hand Boutique! Read below more about her artwork. All items featured will be available for purchase this weekend! 





(bath sets: washcloth, face scrubbie, soap saver - will also have dishcloths & hotpads)

How long have you been creating your art? I learned how to knit when I was little from my Grandma Rose, but I was very impatient and always had lots of holes! About 5 years ago on a business trip with Jonathan to Tennessee for a week (which meant a lot of time in a hotel room!), I decided to pick up a crochet book and materials. It didn't click immediately. A friend, Kim Moore, showed me where to put the hook to get started and everything made sense after that!

(fingerless gloves)


(hats)

Is there a special meaning behind your work? My other grandmother, Darlene, was an amazing crocheter. She made snowflakes, wonderful dolls and stuffed animals, and lace angels. She didn't read patterns, but she would see something and figure out how to make it. She passed away before I began crocheting.  I would love to share the craft together with her.


(Lindsey of Lou's Handiwork)


(scarves)

Do you listen to anything why you create, or do you prefer peace and quiet? It's never quiet in this house with a 3 1/2 year old, a 2 year old, and a 4 month old! Crochet is portable and easy to set down. I crochet anywhere with all the noise!

1 comment: