Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Featuring: Badge Clips!



How long have you been creating your art?  I've been creating name badge clips since this past summer, and jewelry for about 5 years.  I started making jewelry when an artist friend taught me a few techniques, and it just sorta took off from there.  Then this summer, while working at a hospital, I saw some cute name badges the nurses were wearing, and became inspired to create my own designs.

What are you favorite colors to work with?  I like to work with all colors, and my personal fav color is blue, so I always wind up with more blue pieces..
How do you find inspiration?  My inspiration comes from many different places...scrapbooking websites, jewelry, bead websites...mostly the internet; but also in life around me: nature, my surroundings, people--I am always having ideas run through my head...



What time of day do your creative juices get going?  My creative juices are flowing all the time!  Sometimes I can't get them to stop--I always have WAY more ideas in my head than time to get them all out into actual creations...
Do you listen to anything why you create, or do you prefer peace and quiet?  Sometimes I like to listen to music while I'm crafting; other times I prefer peace and quiet.  Right now I am really liking the new Coldplay album.  But crafting is therapeutic for me and a good outlet when I need to get away and just be for a while.





Is there a special meaning behind your work?  Crafting is therapeutic to me and I try to make time for it; helps me decompress.  There is also joy in creating something beautiful, fun, interesting, etc; and watching someone else like/enjoy your work.  A little piece of me goes with every piece of jewelry or name badge clip I sell.  And a lot of times it is fun if I create a specific piece, and then a friend or acquaintance picks the piece and I feel like they picked the one I made just for them!
Do you create with an end product in mind, or do you just see where creativity leads? I like to go with the flow; you never know where it will lead you...





Has your work been featured anywhere?  You can find some of my jewelry pieces at The Antique Mall in Springville, AL on Hwy 11.  Also, my name badge clips are featured on just about all the employees at St. Vincent's East Hospital, where I work.  My co-workers have been very supportive in my endeavors to reach the health care community with cute name badge clips!

No comments:

Post a Comment