Thursday, October 14, 2010

Meet the Artist: Melissa Mohr

Today's Featured Artist is Melissa Mohr.

Melissa says she has always been interested in drawing and painting, from as far back as she can remember. "My mother used to buy me notebooks and I would fill them with drawings. I was fortunate enough to major in Graphic Design when I attended college. I may stray from it for a while but I always come back to it in some shape or form. I think creating is just part of my soul."


Melissa likes to mix colors that compliment and contrast with one another. She loves earth tones matched with bold bright colors.


"I like pairing colors with things you might not think go together. For example when I look at a tree I don't see just different shades of green. I see blues and purples as well. I find mixing colors together is more pleasing to the eye."


"I'm heavily inspired by nature. I love the perfect "imperfections" found outside. I'm in awe of what our heavenly Father has created here on earth. It is mind boggling to think of what beauty will be found in heaven if what He has created on earth is so amazing."


Please come by and say hello to the very talented Melissa Mohr. 

All of the featured pieces will be available for sale at By Hand Boutique.

7 comments:

  1. Love, love, love all of these beautiful designs. I'm a big fan of all these bright colors! That painting with the dresses: SWOON!

    Can't wait to see them in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few favorites...how large are the dandelions and the wine bottle and glass?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the one with the dress hanging on the window! I also love Melissa so that makes it even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, they are 5 x 7. I kept the pieces smaller so they can be more affordable. There will be a few 8 x 10s and 8 x 8s available.

    Missy...I love you too : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I already commented on this??? Anyway, the dress in the window is so dreamy and feminine! I love it! The wine painting is also one of my favorites. I so love all Melissa's art and her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! I like the mum-type flowers especially . . . they seem to glow!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete