Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Meet the Artist: Carissa Wright

Meet Carissa Wright of Wright Art Graphic Design.


Carissa is a Graphic Designer and Fine Artist. She specializes in custom oil and acrylic paintings as well as photography and some custom designed Christian T-shirts.





     "Ever since I could hold a pencil in my hand I have been drawing and began painting classes when I was 13 years old. I attended the University of Montevallo  and majored in Art with a concentration in Graphic Design. Over the years, while working as a graphic designer, I have painted murals and custom art pieces for friends, family and even a few clients. In the spring of this year I finally gave up on the perfect dream studio and began painting in my garage among the garden tools. I guess you could say I have been creating some form of art whether it be graphic art, photo collages, sculpture or paintings my whole life."

     "I am most inspired by nature. I love everything organic.  Just taking a walk and snapping photos I find beauty and ideas in everything I see from the colors and textures in rocks, flowers, moss on the ground to the driftwood around my gardens."

     "I am a planner so I go into a project with a pretty clear idea of what I want the outcome to be but I do enjoy challenging myself and getting out of my comfort zone and just letting the end result be a surprise sometimes. I think some of my favorite pieces have been happy accidents."

You won't want to miss out on other great works of art by Carissa. Make sure to stop by and say hi!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work. I am amazed that these are paintings- they look so much like photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Virginia! I had to do a double take! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! Looking forward to seeing them at the show! :)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete