Thursday, November 8, 2012

Get to know... Melissa Mohr

Melissa is another artist we've been blessed to have at By Hand Boutique for several years. Please welcome her back and check out her new creations for this year!


I have been creating art for as far back as I can remember. My parents recognized it from an early age and encouraged me to pursue it as I got older. Now that I am an adult with a family, art is this quiet world I can enter into that soothes me from the busyness of life.
 
My biggest inspiration is my fellow artist friends. Over the last few years my art has evolved and I owe a great deal of gratitude to my friends for opening my eyes to new techniques that have enhanced my work. Now I feel like my art speaks more about who I am at this stage in my life. I also feel like my work is more satisfying and personal. It has become in a sense, my baby.
 
I used to work with a very specific idea of what I wanted for a project. It felt too restricting. Now, I tend to work more with the items around me, the found little treasures that fall into my life and put my own spin on it. It's very exciting to see something beautiful out of something ordinary.
 



All the pieces shown will be available for sale at By Hand Boutique.

No comments:

Post a Comment