Sunday, November 7, 2010

Meet the Artist: Pam Caldwell

Meet Pam Caldwell of Pam Caldwell Pottery!

  
Pam makes beautiful hand built stoneware pottery. She specializes primarily in entertaining pieces such as trays and bowls. She also makes a variety of crosses with Lily and dogwood flower embellishments.

"When I grew old, I always wanted to learn clay art. So that is just what I did, seven years ago or so."


"The inspiration for my hand-built creations comes from nature, and my colors of choice are earthy tones like gold, green, and turquoise."
"Many of my pieces are intended for entertaining: appetizer trays, salsa bowls, and finger-food plates."

"Some of my crosses feature the dogwood blossom, whose petals themselves are in the form of a cross with a crown of thorns in the center."


  People love to buy the small crosses for baby shower and baptism presents.

You will not want to miss Pam Caldwell at By Hand Boutique. Please be sure to stop by and say hello!

5 comments: