Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Meet the Artist: Kim Jennings

Meet Kim Jennings!

Kim makes unique dried florals, wreaths, and hand pressed floral cards and pictures.


She also does fresh flowers for weddings.
In fact, Kim's work has been featured on Birmingham's Perfect Wedding Guide!


 Kim has always been artistic but she said she never thought floral work would end up being her medium.
We asked if there was a special meaning behind her work. She said, "Its just doing something I love and knowing that God gave me these natural talents that makes it spiritual to me."


She said she usually has a hard time getting started because daily life gets in the way but that once she gets started she doesn't want to stop. 
"I love putting on a Mercy Me CD to get started and then any other Christian music will keep me inspired."
She said she especially likes to work with a monochromatic scheme.

 "With floral work, you usually have an end product in mind and you are very limited by the amount someone can spend but by being creative and using the natural products in your own back yard that God provides, you can create something greater than the customer expected for the same price."

"I usually begin with an idea and it just evolves from there and often the finished project is not what I started with."


Please stop by and say hello to the very talented Kim Jennings.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Very pretty! Can't wait to see your items in person! :)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought some of her arrangements as Christmas gifts and my mom-in-law LOVED them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just gorgeous. I'm looking forward to
    the show. Deb Fulwood

    ReplyDelete